October 9, 2017
Hematite Firefighters will be at Jefferson County Head Start on October 11 to teach the kids about fire safety.
October 3, 2017
Hematite Firefighters will be at Athena Elementry on October 10th for Fire Prevention.
March 1, 2017
The Board of Directors have hired two full time employees. Firefighter/EMT Patrick Seymour and Firefighter/EMT Josh Heath. Both employees will begin 8-hour days starting March 13th, 2017.
February 6, 2017
The application phase has ended. Thank you too the ones who applied.
December 30, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Hematite Fire Protection District has announced their intent to fill two open positions for paid firefighters.
-Applicant must be 21 years of age.
-Applicant must provide proof of graduating high school or valid high school equivalency certificate.
-Applicant must possess a valid Missouri operators or CDL license.
-Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude. Applicant must submit a criminal background and driving history check from the county in which the applicant resides.
-Applicant must possess and provide copies of the following:
- Missouri State Firefighter I and II.
- Hazardous Material Awareness and Operation level certification.
- Emergency Medical Responder
- CPR certification
- Must be of good moral character, possess the knowledge and physical ability to perform firefighting activities involved in life safety and property conservation efforts at fire, medical emergencies, motor vehicle crashes, and natural and man-made disasters.
- Ability to work 8, 12, 24, or 48-hour shifts
Hematite Fire Protection District encourages qualified females, minorities, and veterans to apply, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications can be picked up Monday thru Friday between the hours of 0800-1630 at Hematite Fire Protection District Station #2, 3067 Meyer Rd.
Festus, MO 63028.
Applications are to be fully completed and returned by 1630 hours on Monday, February 6, 2017.
December 6, 2016
The Hematite Fire Protection Disrtict is pleased to announce the following promotion:
Brandon Ramsey from Firefighter to Lieutenant/Medical Officer